Hello lovelies! It may seem that I am suddenly talking about fitness and nutrition out of the blue, but that is only because I’ve kept this journey to myself over the past three months. I’ve struggled with food and my weight off and on throughout my life, and while I knew this time was different, I wanted to test my resolve and practices before I began sharing what I’ve been doing with all of you beautiful people.
While I will be sharing all my recipes in the future, today, I am sharing the meal plan that I have been on since January 1, 2018 and used to lose 2 pounds per week since. This meal plan, combined with staying within the recommended calorie count provided on the MyFitnessPal app has allowed me to lose weight without staying constantly hungry.
(Disclaimer: I am not a nutritionist, and you should consult a physician before making any dramatic changes in your health. These are my results, you may experience different results.)
(Choose one of these options each morning)
- Boiled Eggs + Banana
- 2 Scrambled Eggs + Banana
- Protein Oatmeal with Almond Milk
- Thomas Everything Bagel Thins with Lite Cream Cheese and Honey (limit this combination to three times per week)
- Special K + Almond Milk
- Greek Yogurt + Banana or Apple
Lunch or Dinner:
(Choose one of the following options for lunch or dinner)
- 2 Scrambled Eggs with Half a Small Carton of Eggs Whites + 2 Strips of Turkey Bacon
- Grilled or Baked Seasoned Chicken Breast + Grilled or Baked Veggie Option
- Veggie Options (Grilled or Baked with Olive Oil and Seasoning):
- Brussel Sprouts
- Spaghetti Squash
- Grilled or Baked Seasoned Salmon + Grilled or Baked Veggie Option
- Grilled or Baked Chicken + Brown Rice or Quinoa
- Grilled or Baked Salmon + Brown Rice or Quinoa
- Occasional Lean Cuisine Meals
- Shrimp + Grilled or Baked Veggie Option OR Brown Rice OR Quinoa
(Have these as sparsly as possible, but they are good for weaning yourself off snacking and sweets)
- Halo Top Ice Cream
- Dark Chocolate (at least 70%)
- Skinny Pop or Boom Chick-a-Pop Popcorn
- Mozzarella String Cheese Sticks
I know today was somewhat of a dry read, but I wanted to go ahead and share this meal plan with all of you! While it may seem limited, we’ve made some incredible recipes with these ingredients that definitely taste non-diet. I also have to give props to my husband who researched and crafted this meal plan, which I have just tweaked to my personal tastes and goals. If you are looking for great tasting recipes that you can eat while losing weight, then stay tuned!
Sweet Dreams and Happy Travels, lovelies!